Steps to Apply
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program
An overview of the application process is included below. View more detailed information about prerequisites and requirements.
- STEP 1.
Complete the VMCAS application
The Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) is a centralized application program for participating veterinary medical colleges.Apply Now VMCAS Application
- STEP 2.
Complete the VA-MD Vet Med supplemental application
- Your VMCAS ID number and the email address used on your VMCAS application.
- Non-refundable $50.00 processing fee
Note: The online application form must be completed in one sitting. You will not be able to save your online application to complete it at a later time.Apply Now VA-MD Vet Med Applic
- STEP 3.
GRE test scores
- Code for Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine: 5946
- Test must be received by November 1, 2014 for fall 2015 entry
- Scores are valid for 5 years
- STEP 4.
Residency forms (where applicable)
Virginia and Maryland residents may upload your residency form at https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4GXwtjZEN2huQxD
- West Virginia residents - August 31 deadline
For students currently enrolled in graduate school, please send letters directly to the College of Veterinary Medicine's DVM Admissions Office, not VMCAS, at DVM Admission Office, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, 245 Duck Pond Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
View the full details on DVM Program admission requirements.